The next four months: a time I both welcome and fear.
For the most part, I believe that I will enjoy the next four months – the weather will (hopefully) be summery and show signs of life blossoming everywhere, energies will be high, and a reprieve from school will be mine. However, he is going to be back at home, and visits will once again become once-every-few-weeks sort of occurrences; I do not know what job I will be holding (I would really rather not return to my old safety net and have chosen to search elsewhere).
– Get all the Vitamin D!
– Wake up by natural light streaming in early through my window.
– Be rid of the chills by simply laying down for 30 seconds outside.
– Rain is exciting and rejuvenating and makes me happy for the plants.
2. School reprieve.
– I love school, but my body feels the strain of spending too many hours ‘loving’ it.
– Social life, work life, and other ‘lives’ become independent of one another.
– Must come up with a schedule of my own when work is not in the picture.
– Visits will be the most exciting of times.
– Alas, my heart shall ache often and yearn for its partner in crime.
– Where have I applied? Let us take a look: Chocolate cafes, healthy living cafes, jobs with the city in event planning, program coordinator, communications assistant, internship with local produce delivery company, summer camp counsellor, restaurants.
– Where might I apply? Let us take a look: Favourite UBC-local cafes, restaurants, healthy living themed shops.
– During the school months, I miss work! I miss that income and sense of having done a job well and making others satisfied through my service. Next year I suppose a great deal of my involvements will revolve around a sort of employment – even if it isn’t a regular paycheque like those I would receive during off-school months.
– I want to try something new; I’ve had good times with my ol’ pal Safeway, but I’d like to feel challenged in what I do this summer.
I expect excitement, friendship revival (for which I’m very excited), painful yearning, lots of family time, and hopefully a bit of travel this summer. It would be my wish to feel that I’ve grown a bit more, learned a few new things, and seen one or two new places. Many photos should be taken, and perhaps even a new friendship is to be made!